Thursday, March 29, 2007

Comic strip.
So I got invited by a friend and it was for a fundraiser for a med class going over to Africa, India and some other places. Thinking that this might be a good chance to check out comic strip in West Edmonton Mall seeing how it has been there for a while and I never got a chance to watch a show there.

It proved to be funnier than I thought it would be. The emcee was quite good himself, cracking out a couple of jokes himself. He joked about how he's a crack addict and all, but the way his eyes were, i dont think it was too far from the truth, but overall funny guy.

First guy up, he looked kinda dork-ish, just kinda, cause really, who am i to talk. His jokes were kinda off, there were a few funny ones, but mainly, i dont think it appealed to the crowd as much and he was soon done. As the first guy up, he did pretty decent and it takes guts to stand up there and talk.

Second guy, he was a lot funnier than the first guy, kept the crowd going for a while, did a lot better. But then for these shows, I am guessing the jokes gets better eventually and the first 2 guys are the warm-up for the headliner.

The headliner was really good, kept the crowd going for an hour almost, that's a lot of jokes ok! His name is Bengt, with a silent g, which he claims is his street name. Not too sure if his name is actually Bengt, but he would be the first Bengt I've ever encountered.

Overall, very good show, I am glad I went. First experience is a very good one and there might be more to come. I sadly will most likely miss Russel Peters again. I should've went to the first one! This was something different from what I do most of the time, so that was really good. Wouldn't say eye-opening, but definitely neat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home