Saturday, March 10, 2007


Oilers....


Edmonton Oilers is all but eliminated from the playoff race. SO WHAT? yes, I am sad that we are not making the playoffs this year, and I was really hoping for a repeat of what happened last summer, which was arguably(sp?) one of the best summers I've spent in Edmonton. Woke up this morning, and was bored, so I was on youtube the whole morning just surfing for videos to watch. Then I decided to watch the Oilers Playoff run from last year. It almost brought tears to my eyes, not because I was sad. It was because I remembered the high from watching all those live games last year, the moment when we won against Detroit, that was one of the best moments last year.


Boston Pizza riverbend was where we were watching it. Down 2-0 with only 20 minutes remaining to play. It was Game 6 and we are playing at home. I remembered Boston Pizza got really packed and more and more friends were sitting on our table. I ended up standing behind kingsley. I pulled his hoodie up telling him to keep it on for good luck, which he did. At some point in the 3rd period, Pisani scored one goal to make it 2-1, the whole boston pizza erupted! There was a chance for a comeback! Not too long after that, pisani scored again to tie the game! At this point, everyone at Boston Pizza was cheering so loud the waitresses just stopped moving and was staring in awe. Ok, so the wings scored again to make it 3-2, minor setback, cause you know who we have? Ales Hemsky! Mr. Clutch. He scored on a powerplay to tie it! Boston Pizza again erupted! Man I think i lost my voice at this point, if i hadn't already. And the best part of the game follows. 1:01 remaining. Ales Hemsky and Sergei Samsonov speeding up the ice, work some magic and Hemsky SCORES!! Thomas was cheering even before the goal went in! The biggest cheer of the night from Boston Pizza came at this point, I swear half of riverbend must've heard us all, it was pretty freaking loud. And what did we all get out of this? FREE CHAMPAGNE! they gave everyone watching the game a free glass of champagne!!


Ahhh..the good times. Alas, we might not have made the playoffs this year, but what happened last summer was real! and we will be back! COUNT ON IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home