Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Weekend

As most would know, last weekend was the weekend where I had off, after a 10 day Grind up at the Fort. So I was pretty much looking forward to the 4 days off of work.

And there's no way to kickoff the days off like going to a...

Football game!
Well, not football as in soccer, but football as in the more american type.

It was our own Edmonton Eskimos Vs the Toronto Argonauts. Now mind you, this is the first football game I've ever been to, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I had an awesome time! The home team ultimately won 47-28. One thing though, as it got late, thunderclouds were looming above, and
staying true to Edmonton weather, it got really really cold, and we left with 5 minutes left in the game. We are so weaksauce.
Cheerleaders watching the game, waiting for something to cheer(some of them were pretty hot)

One of the action shots I took of the home team! GO ESKS!

During the game, I made plans with some other friends for some "siu yeh" or some bubbletea g
oodies as I haven't had dinner yet. Turns out, I had some instant noodles and bubbletea at our beloved Dream Tea House. Somehow, plans were made to go Karaoke afterwards. Mind you, this was at Midnight, and I woke up at 5AM earlier that morning. But alas, the 3 of us went karaoke and stayed there till about 2 before we called it a night. What a tiring start already.

Friday...
Ran some errands in the morning and helped with some stuff. Also had to run back to the Edmonton office to get some paperworks done, picked up my new glasses, got a haircut, bought some dinner and brought it to my grandparent's place for dinner. All this in 4 hours or so. Not too shabby I might add. Packed and got ready for the Calgary trip at night. So Friday was pretty much a write off
for errands and chores and what not. Gah!

Saturday...
Woke up bright and early, check the car, load the car, and it was time to haul ass! Picked up a friend, had breakfast at McDonald's, then met up with 2 others to pick them up. And away we go. Took us about 2.5 hours to get to Calgary.

Close call...
on the way to Calgary though, I was going about 130-140 Km/hr on the highway.
(speed limit is 110Km/hr). There were 3 cars ahead of me. Nissan Altima SE-R, Mazda 6 and my Nissan Sentra. Altima was going the fastest, then out of no where he slowed down and tuck back into the right lane, and the Mazda 6 just zoomed on. Not a minute later, I realized why the Altima tucked into the right lane and drove slower. There was a cop car right there on the median. As we(mazda 6 and I) passed, I saw the cop car turn on the siren and is getting ready to get out. So I tucked into the right lane and slowed down, looked at side mirror and saw the cop car zooming full speed ahead. I looked infront, and saw the Mazda6 continue on speeding like nothing happened. So out of no where, the cop car zoomed by and pulled over the Mazda 6....hahaha, close call for me, Mazda 6 became the scapegoat. As I pass by the Altima SE-R, I looked over, and we shared a good laugh.

Lunch
We had lunch at a Japanese place called Shikiji. They are known for their ramen and other noodles.

Miso Ramen
After which we proceeded to the Stampede....

To be continued....need to work now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home