Friday, July 04, 2008

FURNISHING

Over the past little bit, been pondering what else I want for my place. I have come to the conclusion that there are a number of things I want to get for the place, to pimp it up so to speak.
So amongst the things I've some what have my eyes on (but will change decision given something else comes up) are these:The above is an IMFORS Coffee table from IKEA, it just looks simple and elegant and would fit nice right in the living room. This would be the first priority.
Like I have somewhat mentioned in my previous blog, I bought a PS3 a couple weeks back and my current TV is just not sufficient enough to play it and it hurts my eyes. Hence, I've chosen(as a maybe) this Sharp Aquos 37" 1080p LCD HDTV. It is big enough for my little living room and should be sufficient to run the ps3 and my soon to be blu ray movie collections.

Next on the list is a SUMO OMNI Bean Bag(not the woman on it). This one time, a long long time ago, I was at a chapters with a friend, just chilling and looking for books and what not, and they had this at one of the reading areas. So, being Mike, I went to sit on it to have a feel for it and it was actually quite comfortable, made a note of the name and found it online. It is quite pricey for a bean bag, but I am sure its worth it. Will think about this one.
A friend of mine emailed me a link yesterday cause she knew I was looking to furnish my place. This is an IZM designed BEAM Bed. And they are local to Edmonton too. It just simply looks good! and its always the bed I've always envisioned. However, just by looking at the design and quality, I am thinking this will cost me an arm and a leg to get.

I guess you can say this is my wish list, for myself, but knowing me, I'll most likely get 3 out of the 4 things that I've listed on here; when i've saved up enough money of course.

There are a couple other things I want which I didn't even start looking yet. They would be a Mini Bar a new carpet, a new couch, slowly equipping my kitchen, new stand for potentially new tv. This will be a huge work in progress and it'll take me a while to fully finish furnishing it. However, slowly, but surely, I'll get things done and set up.

Potential Calgary Stampede Trip

So talking to a couple friends, we kinda proposed the idea of going to Calgary for the Calgary Stampede the weekend I am back. This would be a good time to try and get out of town, since its summer, the sun is shinning, and there's no work to be done over the weekend. What better way to enjoy it than to go out of town, just for the heck of it. Again, since its the Calgary Stampede, chances are, it'll be packed with peeps from Edmonton heading there. And knowing most of my friends, they would be too lazy planning it, so it'll be me planning the thing. Hopefully it works out.

MOVIES I HAVE YET TO WATCH

Being the movie buff that I am, I actually haven't seen a lot of movies lately, due to my time in Fort McMurray and what not.

Amongst them are:
Ironman
Indiana Jones
Hancock
Wall-E
Harold and Kumar
You don't mess with the Zohan
And it looks like i'll be missing the premier of the Dark Knight

I am sure there are a couple movies I've missed since its summer and its movie galore time. So sad.

At least I got to watch Kungfu Panda, which I found to be pretty funny. Jack Black was good as always. Although, a chinese theme in Hollywood seem soo weird. But hey, it made me laugh, so I am ok with it. Overall, a satisfying movie experience.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home