Friday, May 09, 2008

One big thing I have to get used to when I am up in Fort McMurray is that; I will miss out on a lot of things that happen in Edmonton, birthdays and what not occassions. Its not like i am not included in it, sometimes, it sucks to know that you can't make it to something no matter how much you wanted to. But, I think I am already slowly getting used to it. In one way, I can save a lot of money not going out, but in a way, I can't help but think that this will sever the closeness I have with some friends.

But hey, sacrifices sometimes have to be made. I took this job because I needed it, and I have to come to Fort McMurray because my job entails it. So not much I can do about it but make the most of the situation. Make the money, gain the experience for an even better future.

Is this the lifestyle I want to lead? It's hard to say right now cause I just started my life up here. Its something new, its really different than Edmonton. And I do wonder if I can do this long term. Things up here are much more interesting and challenging too. Sure, its somewhat stressful sometimes, but most of the time its interesting at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home