Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Almost a week since I've blogged. Interesting, at the rate I was going, this is considered a slow down.

Now that last week is all over, projects are all due and cases all done, I think from here on in, its studying for finals, getting ready for it and also at the same time apply for more jobs. What's going to happen should I not find a job here by August? Should I go back to school? (which I am really really sick of already), or should I try my luck in other places?

There are two places I've ever called home, KB, and Edmonton. I am turning 24, spent my first 17 years in brunei, and my later 7 years here. I have good friends in both places and telling me to choose between these two places is hard. I've spent the "youth" of my life here in Edmonton, memories were made and they still are continuous. Telling me to leave here and start over new, yes it would be exciting, but it'll be incredibly lonely too. Much like how I felt when I first came here.

Going back to Brunei isn't a bad thing. I miss my family and friends back there, but do I see a future back home? No, probably not. Not dissing my hometown or country, but after living in a bigger city, can I go back and live in a non urban setting? perhaps i'll get used to it again eventually. Besides, I've spent almost 7 years in Edmonton, I better get a citizenship from Canada somehow!

This past weekend, met a couple new friends. They are nice, down to earth people. All of them are 25 or turning 25, I am the youngest one of the bunch. And being around some of them who are more established, really makes me want to go out to the society. My life has been revolving around school the last gazillion years. All I know about life's routine is what time to wake up, how to study for exams, and such. What else do I know? There's a lot left to learn, there's so much more room for growth and what I should be doing now is work towards being a more responsible, independent person.

Don't know why I wrote what I wrote, but here has to be something about it. Growing up, I see why peter pan wanted to be a kid forever.....I kid, this is more exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home