Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Year that was.

2009 sure as hell started off awesome. Spent New Years in HongKong, and then two days later flew to Tokyo for a couple days and then back to HK again until the 18th. One of the funnest trip I've had for sure. There were a lot of new sights and a lot of new food and experiences; while it may seem like similar cultures, experiencing it is definitely a whole different story, I appreciate this trip for that. This is pretty much it for my January, other notable events would be Kingsley and Louis' birthday at Iron Horse.

I know February was quite forgettable as there wasn't much that happened aside from work. But I do believe that I booked my Montreal trip in February.

March. The first two weeks of March I somehow got Pneumonia; I have never felt so sick in my life. Couldn't make it to work for two days, and barely made it in for the third. I only went in because I had a flight to catch. Let's just say there wasn't much work done, I just mainly slept at work. I also remembered, the flight home was delayed around 3 hours and that definitely did not help things. When I finally made it back to Edmonton, paid the taxi driver an extra $5 to make a quick pitstop for chinese take out. Was about 5 minutes from home before I realized that I forgot my home keys in a bag back in Fort McMurray. Yeah...that wasn't a good day.

March was also when I visited Montreal for the first time. It did not feel like I was in Canada at all, there is a lot of European culture there and it was really beautiful. Now I haven't visited all cities in Canada yet, but I would consider staying there.

April- June. These are the summer months where I didn't do much, aside from a lot of partying? Really don't remember too much from it. End of June though, I made a trip to Vancouver. This isn't the first time I've been there, but thought I would make use of the site Charter and get a flight there for free! Really fun trip, and a lot of food was consumed. Japa Dog! mmmmmm

June - October. These months were pure working, no holidays. Only thing was a camping trip(Jasper) in August. Gourmet food while camping, only we can pull it off. Near the end of October, I remember I was close to having a meltdown and decided to take a couple days off just to relax.

November- My birthday + Eech's Bachelor Party + Danielle's Birthday

December- Site wind down = crazy busy.

(Yes, I kind of got lazy typing)

Shows I saw this year:
- Lion King Broadway
- Russell Peters
- Stand up comedy guy at the Fringe
- Oilers Game

This is pretty much it for significant events. I've missed quite a few things, but 2010 will make up for it! Bring on 2010!

2 Comments:

At 12:36 p.m. , Blogger chalez said...

For next year, don't forget to mention project STI!!!!

 
At 12:57 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home