Thursday, December 10, 2009

It feels like I am slowly slipping in updating this blog, just haven't find the time to do so. =(

Well, Alberta Winter has returned. It was a chilly -27 this morning. And the funny thing is, we come to work as if its usual. Kinda Scary when you think about it huh? We are so used to this weather that we are so complacent of it.

I have an interview today, the HR Director for our company is coming onto site to talk to the who of us who applied from up here. This would be the second time I have interviewed for this position as one was done a couple months ago. We shall see how it goes, I am not too confident as I feel that I have some other stuff in my mind that is clouding my judgment at times.

Flight back to Brunei is booked and paid for! I will be leaving Edmonton on February 8, 2010 and arrive in Brunei February 10, 2010! I can't wait. This is the first time since leaving in 2000 that I will be back for Chinese New Year, this is definitely long overdue. It will quite the Journey too as I will be flying from Edmonton --> LA --> Tokyo --> Singapore --> Brunei. Quite an interesting journey. I may be quite westernized these days, but I am still just a plain ol Asian deep down inside(or at least I would like to think so).

Personal life these days? Let's just say I am still the king of bad timing and that is the story of my life. But then again, come what may, and c'est la vie! I always look at the bright side of things, and this will not be an exception!

Christmas is just around the corner! Can you believe this? Just 11 months ago, I was having the time of my life in HongKong and Japan. How I miss being on Vacation, waking up every morning, and the only thing on my mind is..hmm..what to do today, and where to go today. The following months since then has been trying, stressful, lonely, etc. But the experience from work is one thing i can take away and say I survived!! Not to mention the amount of wonderful people I have met!

It has also been quite sad to see a lot of the co-workers leave. We see each other here the most and as cheesy as it sounds, we are like an extended family. At the end of the day, we still have our own lives, but what we shared here, no one else can take away from that. To those who bit the dust and going on to better things, cheers! this buds for you!

I am slated to return to Edmonton on the 19th! There will be some shopping that has to be done and people to see and catch up with. Hopefully a new position to start and a break to enjoy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. =)

Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home