Wednesday, June 20, 2007

About a week after I bought Christopher Moore's A Dirty Job, I finished reading it. It's quite a funny read actually, and I totally enjoyed reading it. Part of the ending was predictable, but there were a few that I went "interesting". Overall, I would recommend this book.

Weekend was quite normal, nothing too special. Watched some friend's ice hockey league game on Friday and Monday. They lost friday's game with a minute or so remaining, but the more than made up for that on the Monday game. Total Domination would best describe the game. Oh, Monday's game was held at quite a far and ghetto arena, it's called Icebox. And its at 215st and 108Ave. haha...wayyyy west.


Silver Surfer

Watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Pretty good movie, if you compare it to the first movie. It got me entertained. I didn't read the comic, so I can't comment on how well it was protrayed with respect to the comic, but taking the entertainment value of it, its an enjoyable movie. They showed the Harry Potter trailer before this movie, it was the first time I saw that trailer, and it actually looked quite good. I didn't like book 5 that much, so we'll see if I liked the movie. I wouldn't bother reading the 5th book again.....

Summer is all about watching movies I find. Although there's a lot of outdoor activities that can be done, but yet, all the good blockbuster movies seem to come out during summer time, tempting us all to spend money indoor instead of enjoying summer for free, hmm..marketing scheme perhaps?

Speaking of Marketing, I started my night class marketing course. It'll run from June 12 to July 21st. Most of my classmates are older working people, this will be an interesting course.

One of my friends started his own blogspot a few days ago, I wish him good luck with the world of blogging, It can get quite addicting.

Song playing currently on my Itunes: Saber Rider Theme...ah good times. For those of you who don't know what that is..here are a few pics that might jock your memory a little.....

I watched this when I was a kid, man it sure brings back good times, time to search for it on youtube when I am done with this entry.....

It seems like my job situation is still a work in progress, people do not like picking up their phones and what not around here it seems. More job applications are going to be made tomorrow it seems like. Is looking for a job really that hard? I really wonder sometimes....

Was basically at home the whole day today, but was out for a bit earlier in the afternoon on an errand. A relative is going back to brunei, so obviously there are stuff to be sent back to my brother including the grad photos from last year. We sent a batch by mail once, but it got lost i reckon cause my parents never got it. Let's hope this batch gets there safe and sound. Also, I saw a chinese movie


It literary translate to black fist. But the official title is Fatal Contact. Its a martial art movie. Very typical, nothing special except for the fighting I guess. The ending was not what I expected. So that was a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, a very forgettable movie.

July 14th seems like it'll be a busy night. I am invited to a friend's going away party, and today I found out I was invited to another friend's bachelor party on the same night. I will not miss the going away party for sure as he is a close and good friend, but also, I haven't seen my friend who's getting married for a long time, so I'll just have to make a little time for him =) Congrats to him by the way on getting married! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home