Sunday, February 22, 2009

You know what would really stink up your breath?

Try having an egg salad sandwich with onions first thing in the morning! Yes, that’s right! Two very potent smells that you can eat. I told my co-workers that if I burp, I apologize ahead of time! Cause damn! They stink, I actually almost feel bad for eating such a meal in the morning, oh well, *burp*

Today another work day and another day in paradise indeed; it is snowing outside at the moment but fortunately, it is not too cold! Now that I think about it, I haven’t really seen or experienced a bad snow storm yet this winter, we are really having a mild winter this year! (Knock on wood). Winter is far from over and I might have just jinxed us all! Muhahahaha

It is funny how I feel sometimes. On Monday, I felt that I am ready to come back to work and almost excited to come back to work, and then I would wake up Tuesday morning at 430 and would then pack and leave with another heavy heart. Being up in Fort McMurray this much has really changed me. I’ve been on this very site since July 1, 2008 and its amazing how fast time flies! The site itself has undergone major changes since I’ve got here, and we can see the defined changes that have taken place. Buildings getting enclosed, things being built, and everyone working together! Of course, in any given projects, there are kinks and setbacks and this one project is not an exception. We have battled through our fair share of adversities and we are still chugging along! This project is a major undertaking for our company as this is one of the biggest projects we have done to date. We have over 1,000 Craft workers working and about 200 support staffs and everyone is trying their best to work as a well oiled machine! We are scheduled to finish this job by October 31, 2009, when we manage that; I think its time we all take a well deserved rest!

And here I am, on a Sunday, nearing the end of my shift. I will be home on Thursday night for another 4 days of R&R. How much of that will I get? Probably not too much as I have a few things to get done already.

- I really need a haircut
- Still hunting for that elusive Wine Rack/Coffee Table
- Clean up the house (Major cleaning)
- Organize bills and expenses
- Think of things to pimp my house?
- Start stocking up on board games
- Book hunting time!

I wonder how many of the above I will actually end up doing. Then again, I should be able to accomplish parts, if not, all of them given the amount of time I have on my hands on my days off. Trying to save money and wanting to go out proves to be an impossible task, however, if I only save the going out part for the night time, I should be able to do well, however, if I do that, how would I find that wine rack/coffee table. I think a trip to IKEA is in order this weekend! Better spend money at IKEA and get something useful at home than go shopping at the mall and pick up more clothing!

And speaking of clothing, a friend of mine helped me purchased a Dom Rebel T-shirt the other day! I saw it online and he was going to shop for some Dom Rebel stuff. He told me he saw that T-shirt and so I asked him to help me purchase it. It’s really awesome! But it also set me back quite a little! Can’t wait to see/wear it when I go back!! I will include a picture when I go back and get my hands on it!


I watched Step up 2: The streets the other night and it was a pretty good movie! The dance crews, music and everything pretty much blended up pretty well and enjoyed the little plot that they have too! The dancing was phenomenal and there were a couple of dances that were stuck to my head and I keep thinking about them! Truly a performance worth watching!

On the other hand, I saw Max Payne last night and let’s just say it was an hour of my life I had lost and will not get back! I played the game ages ago and thought it should be a good movie to watch. WRONG! I thought it was drawn out and the characters weren’t really developed that well, nor did the characters really have any connection to each other. Maybe the movie was a bit too ambitious but that was one movie I did not really enjoy!


And yes, I am going back to my movie watching ways because it’s been too long since I’ve really watched any movies. I have a ton to catch up, and all the time in camp to catch up! I guess I should add two things to my purchase list this weekend; S-Video cable and audio input.


There are so many things I want in life, and most of them cost money. I guess prioritizing is the only way to survive!

1 Comments:

At 9:48 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dom Rebel is worth it.... and you know who this is! Yours truly picked it up for you :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home